Secure your Mobile Wallet
There are many mobile applications that allow you to carry out most of your personal finance transactions online and on the go. A Mobile Wallet makes this super easy and convenient.
Seven Important ways to Secure your Mobile Wallet
- Enable a passcode/password on your phone. This will ensure that no one else can simply pick up your phone and access your personal information.
- Enable the auto-lock feature on your phone. This will lock your phone after a certain period of inactivity. Use auto-lock with a password to make sure no one else can access your phone.
- Make sure your device operating system is up-to-date. When your network carrier sends you alerts that a security or operating system update is available, download it as soon as possible.
- Watch for fake texts or other messages telling you to go to a site or call in. Spam messages can open the door to malware, which software hackers use to disrupt computer operation, gather sensitive information, or gain access to private computer systems.
- Only install applications from trusted sources. Use Google Play Store or Apple App Store and avoid installing apps from unknown sources.
- Avoid public Wi-Fi. The information you send over public Wi-Fi can potentially be seen by others using the network—including hackers. Instead, use your mobile carrier’s network when accessing confidential information.
- Turn off Bluetooth and Wi-fi when not in use. Leaving them on when you are out in public leaves your phone vulnerable to hackers. Only connect to trusted networks.