Privacy for Internet Users
Our commitment to safeguard your privacy also extends to the Internet. If you are just browsing through our website, we do not request any personally identifiable information, nor do we collect unique identifying information about you unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide us that information, such as when you send us an email or complete an application online. If you provide us this information, it is only used internally and in furtherance of the purpose for which you provided it.
Our internet service provider, Cavion Liberty may collect general information on our website visitors to assist us in providing services to you online. The information collected for these purposes may include:
- The Internet address (referral site) which brought you to our website;
- The date and time our site was accessed;
- The name and version of your web browser;
- The Internet service provider you used when you accessed our site;
- The IP address of the computer used to access our site; and
- The pages visited on our website.
IP addresses or Internet Protocol Address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are on the internet. Web servers that "serve up" Web pages, automatically identify your computer by the IP address.
When collecting data for us, Cavion Liberty does not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, which means a session will be logged but the user will remain anonymous.
What Members Can Do to Help
Community Service Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PIN's (personal identification numbers) or passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not have to ask for it when we initiate a call to you.
- Keep your information current with us. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
- Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to contact us -- we are here to serve you.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
Community Service is committed to protecting the online privacy of the children who visit its website and to complying with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. COPPA prohibits unfair or deceptive acts or practices in connection with the collection, use or disclosure of personally identifiable information from and about children on the internet.
- Personal information - Community Service does not collect or use underage members' personal information through this website.
- Site traffic records - Community Service collects information on domain names, types of browsers used and dates and times of visits to www.cscutx.com. This information includes no personal identifiers and allows Community Service to record website traffic to improve navigation and content.
- Cookies - www.cscutx.com does not require the use of per-session cookies. Cookie information is never sold, given or disclosed to third parties.
- Email - Community Service may use the feedback information from readers to respond to member service requests, inquiries, comments or suggestions when emails are initiated by the visitor to the Credit Union website. Email information is never sold, given or disclosed to third parties.
These external sites are not part of Community Service Credit Unions's services, are not under our control, and may not comply with applicable law. Because these external websites may have privacy policies that are different than Community Service's please consult privacy policies of any website that asks for personally identifiable information before providing it.